Refine Your Flourish (dip pen)
[ Workshop Info ]
Level: IMPROVER - basic dip pen experience preferred
• 6, 13, 20, 27 OCT (WED) 7:00-9:00 PM
Total 8 hours (4 lessons)
Venue: Kalo Make Art Studio in Central, Hong Kong
min. 4 students | max. 14 students
[ Workshop Fee ]
• FOR 1 SEAT: HK$2,000
• FOR 2 SEATS: HK$3,800 - save HK$200
• DROP IN: HK$600 per seat per workshop - Drop In Options will become available a few days prior to the workshop’s start date
[ What You'll Learn ]
This is a 4-evening (total 8 hours) improver level workshop tailored for students who wish to add flourishes to their alphabets. Flourishing is a technique to ornate and decorate your calligraphy, they are the smooth curves and swirls added to various parts of letters or words. Flourishing allows your calligraphy to stand out and it is considered an essential asset to a skilled calligrapher.
Topic covers postures, pen grip, warm up exercises, drills, principle flourishing concept and theory, muscle memory training, nib manipulation and shading techniques.
We will focus on technical exercises to train your eyes and hands on creating flowing smooth curves and flourish variations for both capitals and lowercases.
Students will learn and practice along while our instructor - Kalo uses a documentary camera to project her writing onto the screen. Students will also receive personal feedback for their homework (optional) completed outside of the workshop hours.
• Workshop 1 - Flourishing concept and theory
• Workshop 2 - Flourish variations of majuscules
• Workshop 3 - Flourish variations of majuscules + minuscules
• Workshop 4 - Flourish variations of minuscules
[ What You'll Receive ]
• 8 hours of learning;
• detailed and informative handouts;
• 1 custom folder with your name calligraphy;
• 1 set of copysheets;
• feedback on your weekly homework;
• please bring along your calligraphy penholder, nib and ink, while these tools are also available for you to experiment with during the classes.
[ T & C ]
• students must be 12 years or above.
• all sales are final, workshop fee is non-refundable and non-transferable to another date.
• this workshop is sold as a set, make up lessons are not available if the student misses the workshop or no show.
• workshop requires a min. of 4 students to take place, if the min. capacity has not met, participants can opt for a full refund or change to another workshop date.