Refine Your Flourish (dip pen)
Flourishing is a technique to ornate and decorate your calligraphy, they are the smooth curves and swirls added to various parts of letters or words. Flourishing allows your calligraphy to stand out and it is considered an essential asset to a skilled calligrapher.
Your instructor, Kalo is the first pen lady in Hong Kong to be awarded the Certificate of Proficiency in Engrosser's Script by the IAMPETH.
This is a 4-evening (total 8 hours) improver level workshop tailored for students who wish to add flourishes to their alphabets. Topic covers postures, pen grip, warm up exercises, drills, principle flourishing concept and theory, muscle memory training, nib manipulation and shading techniques.
We will focus on technical exercises to train your eyes and hands on creating flowing smooth curves and flourish variations for both capitals and lowercases.
Students will learn and practice along while our instructor - Kalo uses a documentary camera to project her writing onto the screen. Students will also receive personal feedback for their homework (optional) completed outside of the workshop hours.
[ Dates ]
• COMING SOON
[ Info ]
Level: BEGINNER to IMPROVER
*basic knowledge in dip pen calligraphy is preferred
Venue: Wyndham Street, Central (5 mins walk from the MTR)
Language: English only
[ Workshop Fee ]
• FOR 1 SEAT: $2,400 fee + $350 materials
• FOR 2 SEATS: $4,600 fee (save $200) + $700 materials
> Materials includes a set of KMA calligraphy starter kit here per person
• BRING YOUR TOOL | 1 SEAT: $2,400 fee
• BRING YOUR TOOL | 2 SEATS: $4,600 fee (save $200)
> Bring your penholder and pointed nib to the workshops.
• DROP IN: $800 (per person per lesson)
> Drop in class of your chosen date, starter kit is not included.
[ Course Curriculum ]
- Fundamental flourish concept and theory
- Warm up drills
- Flourish variations of majuscules
- Understanding the ovals
Flourish variations of majuscules+ minuscules
- Understanding the negative space
- Flourish variations of minuscules
- Appreciation of Historical Writing
- Tricks + Tips
[ T & C ]
• students must be 12 years or above.
• all sales are final, workshop fee is non-refundable and non-transferable to another date.
• this workshop is sold as a set, make up lessons are not available if the student misses the workshop or no show.
• workshop requires a min. of 4 students to take place, if the min. capacity has not met, participants can opt for a full refund or change to another workshop date.