Kalo is a classically trained calligrapher, specialises in western dip pen calligraphy. She is also the founder of "Kalo Make Art" and has been promoting the art of handwriting, penmanship and calligraphy in Hong Kong since 2015.
Seeing a lack of creative hubs in Hong Kong, Kalo opened her calligraphy studio in 2015, with the aim to establish a relaxing environment for the community to learn and enjoy the art of calligraphy. The studio is located in Central, where regular calligraphy workshops and events are hosted. Over the years, Kalo has taught over 5,000 students for both children and adults. She also runs a calligraphy supply retail and online shop to cater the demand for calligraphy tools in Hong Kong and Asia.
Kalo continues to strive for perfecting her calligraphy skills and enjoys inspiring many others to fall in love with the art of handwriting.
Besides education, Kalo also provides writing services for corporate and brands - from event stationery, on-site live demos to team building class to help promote branding. Kalo has been featured on Sassy HK, Hong Kong Tatler, Elle Magazine, South China Morning Post, Timeout.
Achievements at the IAMPETH
(International Association of Master Penmen, Engrossers, and Teachers of Handwriting).
- 2019: International Scholarship Award
- 2020: Certificate of Proficiency in Engrosser's Script
- 2021: Guest lecturer at the IAMPETH Virtual
- 2022: Certificate of Proficiency in Spencerian Script
- 2022: Guest lecturer at the IAMPETH Virtual Study Room
- 2023: Certificate of Excellence in Engrosser's Script
- 2023: Certificate of Excellence in Spencerian Script
- 2023: appointed as the Membership Director of the IAMPETH Executive Board