Floral & Flourish Drawing (dip pen)
[ Workshop Info ]
Level: BEGINNER - no prior experience required
• dates TBC
Venue: Kalo Make Art Studio in Central, Hong Kong
min. 4 students | max. 12 students
[ Workshop Fee ]
• FOR 1 SEAT: HK$1,500
• FOR 2 SEATS: HK$2,800 - save HK$200
• BRING YOUR OWN TOOL: HK$1,200 per person - If you already have your own dip pen tools and do not require our KMA Calligraphy Starter Kit, the workshop fee is HK$1,200 per person (Two Gather Offer is NOT available) - please kindly bring along a straight or oblique penholder and a Nikko G nib to the workshop, inks will be provided.
[ What You'll Learn ]
This is a 2 evening (total 4 hours) beginner level workshop to off-hand floral and flourishes drawing with a dip pen, suitable for complete beginners with no experience or calligraphers with basic or intermediate dip pen skills.
In the workshops, you will:
• gain knowledge of the pen and ink tools;
• practice flourishing drills and warm up;
• learn to draw off-hand feather quills, floral borders, cartouches and scrolls (*remark: students will not learn to write alphabet letters in this drawing workshop);
• experiment with different types of inks (ready to use, palette, powder pigment)
• create your own flourish artwork on blank note cards and bookmarks!
*remark: see workshop intro video here or below.
[ What You'll Receive ]
• 4 hours of learning;
• 1 Calligraphy Starter Kit value HK$350 here;
*applicable to students who paid the full Workshop Fee ONLY.
• 1 custom folder with your name calligraphy;
• 1 custom flourished name plate by Kalo;
• 1 set of KMA blank card + envelope set and bookmark.
[ T & C ]
• students must be 12 years or above.
• all sales are final, workshop fee is non-refundable and non-transferable to another date.
• student is able to swap his/her seat to a friend with 3 days advance notice.
• workshop requires a min. of 4 students to take place, if the min. capacity has not met, participants can opt for a full refund or change to another workshop date.