Refine Your Script (dip pen)
For RETURN STUDENTS - ENJOY 10% OFF the workshop fee!
Simply EMAIL us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the workshop you wish to attend! We will send you the payment details.
[ Workshop Info ]
Level: IMPROVER - basic dip pen experience preferred
Dates: 10, 17, 24 FEB + 3 MAR, Thursday
Time: 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM - Total 8 hours (4 lessons)
Venue: Kalo Make Art Studio in Central, Hong Kong
min. 4 students | max. 12 students
[ Workshop Fee ]
• FOR 1 SEAT: HK$2,000
• FOR 2 SEATS: HK$3,800 - save HK$200
• DROP IN: HK$600 per seat per workshop - Drop In Options will become available a few days prior to the workshop’s start date
[ What You'll Learn ]
This is a 4-evening (total 8 hours) improver level workshop tailored for students who wish to take their calligraphy skills to the next level. You will learn the foundation and principle based on Engrosser's Script - a style of calligraphy that was widely developed and produced during the late 1800s and early 1900s in the U.S.A. Topic covers postures, pen grip, warm up exercises, drills, principle strokes, curvature and movement, nib manipulation and shading techniques.
You will learn to write A-Z capital and lowercases one by one. We will focus on technical exercises to achieve consistency in sizes, forms and structure for both majuscules (capitals) and minuscules (lower cases).
Students will learn and practice along while our instructor - Kalo uses a documentary camera to project her writing onto the screen. Students will also receive personal feedback for their homework (optional) completed outside of the workshop hours.
• Workshop 1 - Basic principle strokes
• Workshop 2 - Fundamental of majuscules
• Workshop 3 - Fundamental of majuscules + minuscules
• Workshop 4 - Fundamental of minuscules
*remark: see workshop intro video here or below.
[ What You'll Receive ]
• 8 hours of learning;
• detailed and informative handouts;
• 1 custom folder with your name calligraphy;
• 1 set of copysheets;
• feedback on your weekly homework;
• please bring along your calligraphy penholder, nib and ink, while these tools are also available for you to experiment with during the classes.
[ T & C ]
• students must be 12 years or above.
• all sales are final, workshop fee is non-refundable and non-transferable to another date.
• this workshop is sold as a set, make up lessons are not available if the student misses the workshop or no show.
• workshop requires a min. of 4 students to take place, if the min. capacity has not met, participants can opt for a full refund or change to another workshop date.