Refine Your Connection (dip pen)
[ Workshop Info ]
Level: IMPROVER - basic dip pen experience preferred
• 9, 16, 23, 30 SEP (THURS) 7:00-9:00 PM
Total 8 hours (4 lessons)
Venue: Kalo Make Art Studio in Central, Hong Kong
min. 4 students | max. 14 students
[ Workshop Fee ]
• FOR 1 SEAT: HK$2,000
• FOR 2 SEATS: HK$3,800 - save HK$200
• DROP IN: HK$600 per seat per workshop - Drop In Options will become available a few days prior to the workshop’s start date
[ What You'll Learn ]
This is a 4-evening (total 8 hours) improver level workshop tailored for students who wish to improve consistency in letter connections and spacing. You will learn the method of breaking down the minuscules stroke by stroke and key elements to create uniform connections and spacing. The course will be based on Engrosser's Script - a style of calligraphy that was widely developed and produced during the late 1800s and early 1900s in the U.S.A. Topic covers postures, pen grip, warm up exercises, drills, principle connective strokes, muscle memory training, nib manipulation and shading techniques.
We will focus on technical exercises to achieve consistency in letter connections and spacing for both words and sentences.
Students will learn and practice along while our instructor - Kalo uses a documentary camera to project her writing onto the screen. Students will also receive personal feedback for their homework (optional) completed outside of the workshop hours.
• Workshop 1 - Minuscules broken down stroke by stroke
• Workshop 2 - Practice connecting minuscules to form words
• Workshop 3 - Practice connecting majuscules with minuscules
• Workshop 4 - Practice sentences and understand of spacing
*remark: see workshop intro video here or below.
[ What You'll Receive ]
• 8 hours of learning;
• detailed and informative handouts;
• 1 custom folder with your name calligraphy;
• 1 set of copysheets;
• feedback on your weekly homework;
• please bring along your calligraphy penholder, nib and ink, while these tools are also available for you to experiment with during the classes.
[ T & C ]
• students must be 12 years or above.
• all sales are final, workshop fee is non-refundable and non-transferable to another date.
• this workshop is sold as a set, make up lessons are not available if the student misses the workshop or no show.
• workshop requires a min. of 4 students to take place, if the min. capacity has not met, participants can opt for a full refund or change to another workshop date.